Saturday, February 17, 2007

Look but don't touch...

For those who don't know, my previous employer, National Instruments has an unofficial (I think?) blog called the VI Roadshow. They tend to post links to applications that use NI products, and their latest post is really awesome.

A group of engineering students from the University of Illinois used LabVIEW, a graphical programming language created by NI, to create a wheelchair that could be controlled with your thoughts. The benefit of this is immediately apparent for quadriplegics and the like, but other ramifications of this wonderful innovation make me a little ... hesitant.


(Click to Enlarge)

That comic was created completely and totally in Photoshop using my new Wacom. I'm really interested to hear what everybody thinks. Better or worse than Flash?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks good. There's more variance in your line thickness and shadows. It's not too much different from normal dan-style though.