Thursday, January 11, 2007

Toll Roads

Well, as some of you may know, I managed to high tail it out of Texas just before the new Austin toll road kicked in. I realize since there isn't any state income tax in Texas that I should be okay with toll roads. But I'm not. It just feels wrong for them to charge me to get from point A to point B if I'm in my own car filled with gas I've already paid for.

Anyway ... now that I'm down here in Florida, tolls are extremely numerous. I was kind of dreading it. My girlfriend emily bought me a SunPass, basically something that you stick next to your rearview mirror that automatically withdraws the money from your bank account. I still think it's kinda evil, but there's something slightly satisfying about the double beep it makes as you pass by all the suckers digging for change.

Anyway .. I saw a billboard for this SunPass thing the other day...


And I had to wonder who thought that billboard was a good idea. I dunno. Just seems odd. Admittedly, it's a billion times better than carrying around and digging through change. But I guess 3% of those who use it feel otherwise.

In addition to my random complaining, I've also got a few new drawings for you. "New" is a relative term I suppose ... I actually made these quite a while ago for my friend Kevin to use as an avatar on his blog. This is Kevin:




And here are a couple of the avatars I made for him.



"Touch of Suave"



"Touch of Crazy"

Some people apparently feel as though they look more like Jonathan Frakes of Star Trek: Generations fame than Kevin, but I was pretty happy with them all the same.

3 comments:

Sal Costello said...

GET READY FOR MORE AUSTIN POVERTY, AS FREEWAYS GET SHIFTED TO TOLLWAYS. Watch Austin Mayor Will Wynn STAR in Double Tax Toll Online Video at AustinTollParty.com

19891006 said...

SUCCESS STARTS TODAY!! you can earn more than 5000 dollars a week makingso so easy visit here

Double M said...

Damn Tolls...Fortunately i live inside of the toll area.

Pretty soon they're gonna start taxing me for leaving my apartment.